Thursday, February 28, 2013

Descriptive Writing


In 3dom we have been learning about how to observe our environment better. To do so we had to leave our laptops for about ten minutes! Unimaginable stuff. We lay down outside on a not-so-distant field and fell into deep thought about what we could hear, feel, taste, smell and see. We had some excellent work come from our classroom and we had to right some of 3dom's ideas on the whiteboard. Miss Fitchett has been so awesome so far and we can't wait to have more fun in class!


Connor's descriptive senses writing:


I lay on my back and listened to the sounds of the wind blowing, the bugs buzzing and the leaves rustling. As I lay on my back I felt the rough grass, the soft wind, the hard leaves and the bugs crawling up my arm tickling me on the way up. Many different smells wafted up my nose. The smell of the dry grass with all it’s moisture being released into the air , the sweet fragrance of flowers and pine filled my nostrils then I opened my eyes.  When I lifted my lids it revealed a blue cloudless sky, the sun beaming down on my face.

Caitlin's descriptive senses writing:


I laid there just imaging what was around me like the sounds, what I could feel, what I could smell and what I could see.
It smelt like mowed grass and fresh flowers.
It sounded like the wind was smashing against the trees while the cicadas were zizzing away and people were running around and listening to music.
I could see clear blue sky with no clouds whatsoever. I could see the trees and the green grass with flowers too.
I could feel the prickly grass on my legs and the wind hitting my face while I could taste the burning sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment